The TL; DR version: We’re hiring a social media manager who plays by our House Rules. We need someone with hands-on experience building and managing online communities who’s ready to innovate best practices and infuse creativity. Previous agency experience preferred. Think you’ve got what it takes to help us exceed client expectations? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with “Social Media Manager” in the subject line.
The full story: This position is ideal for someone with at least two years of previous social media/community management experience who would thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for working with the Director of Social Media and Social Media Strategist to implement paid and organic social strategies for a variety of clients — both B2B and B2C. Must be quick-thinking, adaptable, detail-oriented and able to produce high-quality work/results.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest social media manager? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Director of Social Media and Social Media Strategist through consistent communications and prompt attention to client and internal/team needs.
- Ensure internal and external deadlines are met and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Support positive client relationships through the delivery of high quality work and social media engagement results.
- Manage projected hours effectively each month to help ensure work done for clients is within the approved scope of work and within the allotted retainer hours.
- Work with the Director of Social Media and Social Media Strategist to develop and execute social media strategies to ensure you’re reaching the right targets through the right mediums with the right messaging.
- Implement results-driven social strategies for a variety of B2B and B2C clients — focusing on quick response times, attention to detail, and a high level of accuracy.
- Be available to staff evening and/or weekend hours when social media channels need to be managed.
- Adhere to quality assurance processes to maintain a high standard of work.
- Develop results-driven reports for clients — monthly and campaign-specific.
- Personify Geben’s House Rules and inspire others on the team to do the same.
- Support an environment of people and teams that value collaboration, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations.
- Provide support and mentoring to your co-workers as needed.
- Celebrate successes.
The fine print: This is a salaried position with benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing. Geben is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with a presence in Seattle, Chicago and New York City. We work with clients across the country, from Chicago, Philadelphia, and New York City … to Kansas City, Seattle and San Francisco.
Why work at Geben? Plenty of agencies offer traditional and digital PR services, so what makes Geben special? For starters, it’s the House Rules we’ve created and play by. Additionally:
- A fresh approach to best practices. Like our clients, we believe in disrupting the status quo. ”The way it’s always been done” is a non-starter in our office. Instead, we’re focused on innovating best practices and blending traditional and digital PR tactics to help our clients achieve their business goals.
- Design your day. Employees are encouraged to identify their most productive space — whether that’s a coffee shop, their home or somewhere else — and work from there at least once a week. Work when you’re most productive, where you’re most productive. Focus on results, not billable hours.
- No jerks allowed. We have a strict “no jerks” policy. There are too many opportunities and too many amazing people in our industry to waste time working with people who don’t follow The Golden Rule.
- A fun, creative and collaborative environment. At Geben, you’re encouraged to think creatively and propose new, outside-the-box ideas to clients. We work hard, but we also believe in celebrating successes (often with a glass of wine in hand!). Brainstorming is a regular occurrence. So are team lunches and happy hours. We’re very different from most agencies, but that’s a good thing.