The TL;DR version: We’re hiring an account executive that plays by our House Rules. We need a go-getter with previous agency experience who’s ready to infuse creativity and innovate best practices to deliver amazing results across our growing portfolio of clients. Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Executive in the subject line.
The full story: This position is ideal for someone with one or two years of previous agency and/or media relations experience who would thrive in a non-corporate, fast-paced, results-driven environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for leading tactical implementation for a variety of both B2B and B2C clients, while also supporting planning/strategy development and nurturing client relationships. Because many of our clients are startups and/or tech-enabled businesses, a strong interest in the technology world is a must. Our goal is to hire someone who wants to grow with the company and take on more responsibilities.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your account executive responsibilities will include:
- Work with the account manager to develop and implement tactical recommendations to support client strategies.
- Ensure internal and external deadlines are met and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Support positive client relationships through the delivery of high quality work, meaningful media coverage and/or social media engagement results.
- Support each client account manager through consistent communications and prompt attention to client and internal/team needs.
- Manage projected hours effectively each month to help ensure work done for clients is within the approved scope of work and within the allotted retainer hours.
- Develop results-driven monthly reports for clients.
- Build and cultivate relationships with media and key influencers across industries relevant to your clients.
- Support the development of media strategies through thorough research and strategic media list building.
- Conduct research for and develop compelling, news-worthy storylines to deliver earned media opportunities for clients.
- Conduct media outreach efforts, from building the media list to drafting the pitches and executing the actual outreach.
- Draft media and other communications materials as needed (e.g. press release, fact sheet, key messaging documents, social guidelines, etc).
- Develop social media content calendars and guidelines that support the client social strategy. If managing an Account Associate, ensure they are implementing social strategy and managing social channels effectively.
- Work with the account leader to develop and execute creative ideas to help clients maximize visibility at events and within relevant communities.
- Proactively identify and share trends that impact your client work.
- Manage execution of creative content marketing concepts that support PR goals.
Internal (Culture and Business Development)
- Personify Geben’s House Rules and inspire others on the team to do the same.
- Support an environment of people and teams that value collaboration, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations.
- Provide support to Account Managers and mentoring to Account Coordinators as needed.
- Celebrate successes.
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Why work at Geben? Plenty of agencies offer traditional and digital PR services, so what makes Geben special? For starters, it’s the House Rules we’ve created and play by. Additionally:
- A fresh approach to best practices. Like our clients, we believe in disrupting the status quo. ”The way it’s always been done” is a non-starter in our office. Instead, we’re focused on innovating best practices and blending traditional and digital PR tactics to help our clients achieve their business goals.
- Design your day. Employees are encouraged to identify their most productive space — whether that’s a coffee shop, their home or somewhere else — and work from there at least once a week. Work when you’re most productive, where you’re most productive. Focus on results, not billable hours.
- No jerks allowed. We have a strict “no jerks” policy. There are too many opportunities and too many amazing people in our industry to waste time working with people who don’t follow The Golden Rule.
- A fun, creative and collaborative environment. At Geben, you’re encouraged to think creatively and propose new, outside-the-box ideas to clients. We work hard, but we also believe in celebrating successes (often with a glass of wine in hand!). Brainstorming is a regular occurrence. So are team lunches and happy hours. We’re very different from most agencies, but that’s a good thing.