The TL;DR version: We’re hiring an account coordinator who plays by our House Rules. We need a hustler … a team-player who’s ready to embrace the crazy, infuse creativity and innovate best practices. Strong interest in the startup/tech world is a must. Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Coordinator in the subject line.
The full story: This position is ideal for a self-starter with a least one year of internship/agency experience who would thrive in a non-corporate, fast-paced, results-driven environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for supporting our team with research, media relations, social media/community management, writing and results reporting. While this is an entry-level position, our goal is to hire someone who wants to grow with the company and take on more responsibilities. Because many of our clients are startups and/or tech-enabled businesses, a strong interest in the technology world (B2B and B2C) is a must.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your account coordinator responsibilities will include:
- Identify key influencers in multiple industries
- Create and manage a database of relevant awards, speaking engagements and conferences/tradeshows
- Monitor digital PR trends. (You may be new, but you’re encouraged to suggest fresh ideas!)
- Build and maintain media/blogger lists
- Research new outlets and contacts
- Draft media materials (e.g. press releases, fact sheets, pitches)
- Learn how to effectively work with media/bloggers
- Identify and draft creative, compelling content
- Track content performance across multiple social channels
- Engage with audiences online on behalf of multiple clients
- Assist with tracking and measuring PR and social media efforts
- Monitor clients’ Google Analytics accounts
- Help develop weekly and monthly client reports
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Why work at Geben? Plenty of agencies offer traditional and digital PR services, so what makes Geben special? For starters, it’s the House Rules we’ve created and play by. Additionally:
- A fresh approach to best practices. Like our clients, we believe in disrupting the status quo. ”The way it’s always been done” is a non-starter in our office. Instead, we’re focused on innovating best practices and blending traditional and digital PR tactics to help our clients achieve their business goals.
- Design your day. Employees are encouraged to identify their most productive space — whether that’s a coffee shop, their home or somewhere else — and work from there at least once a week. Work when you’re most productive, where you’re most productive. Focus on results, not billable hours.
- No jerks allowed. We have a strict “no jerks” policy. There are too many opportunities and too many amazing people in our industry to waste time working with people who don’t follow The Golden Rule.
- A fun, creative and collaborative environment. At Geben, you’re encouraged to think creatively and propose new, outside-the-box ideas to clients. We work hard, but we also believe in celebrating successes (often with a glass of wine in hand!). Brainstorming is a regular occurrence. So are team lunches and happy hours. We’re very different from most agencies, but that’s a good thing.