Are you an aspiring PR pro interested in technology and the intersection of traditional and digital PR? If so, we want to talk to you!
We’re hiring an account coordinator to help with research, media relations, social media, writing and reporting. This position is ideal for a self-starter who thrives in a non-corporate, fast-paced environment. You’ll be working on multiple projects, so excellent time-management skills are a must. We’re looking for a proactive person who wants to infuse creativity and innovation into PR. While this is an entry-level position, our goal is to hire someone who wants to grow with the company and take on more responsibilities.
Our clients range from startups and established brands to nonprofits and events. (Check out a sample of our client roster.) Because many of our clients are startups and/or tech-enabled businesses, a strong interest in the technology world (B2B and B2C) is a must.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor trends relevant to our clients’ industries
- Identify and track key influencers in multiple industries
- Create and manage a database of relevant awards, speaking engagements and conferences/tradeshows
- Monitor digital PR trends. (You may be new, but you’re encouraged to suggest fresh ideas!)
- Build and maintain media/blogger lists
- Research news outlets and contacts
- Draft media materials
- Learn how to effectively work with media/bloggers
- Identify and draft creative, compelling content
- Support the management of clients’ online communities
- Measure content performance across multiple social channels. Provide recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with tracking and measuring PR and social media efforts
- Monitor clients’ Google Analytics accounts
- Help develop weekly and monthly client reports
This is an entry-level, salaried position with benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Think you’ve got what it takes to help us exceed client expectations? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com.
Why work at Geben?
- Experience a diversity of clients, ranging from multi-million dollar companies to emerging startups. (We do a lot of tech PR, so you need to be interested in startups and technology!)
- We bring a fresh approach to best practices. ”The way it’s always been done” is a non-starter in our office. Instead, we’re focused on delivering new, better ways to help our clients achieve their business goals. Our clients are at the forefront of some of the most cutting-edge business trends, including mobile commerce, social analytics and wearable technology. Like our clients, we believe in innovating best practices.
- A fun, collaborative environment. We work hard, but we also believe in celebrating “wins.” Our clients are doing cool things, but more importantly they’re good people. We don’t believe in the typical 9-5 work construct. Work when you’re most productive, where you’re most productive. Our office is open with desks that face each other, we like to go to lunch together, and we might have a slight Pandora Radio addiction. Ask the existing team and they’ll tell you: We’re very different from most agencies, but that’s a good thing.