We’re hiring an account coordinator to support a growing agency team with research, media relations, social media/community management, writing and results reporting. This position is ideal for a self-starter who thrives in a non-corporate, fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a proactive person who wants to infuse creativity and innovation into PR. While this is an entry-level position, our goal is to hire someone who wants to grow with the company and take on more responsibilities.
Our clients range from startups and established brands to nonprofits and events. (Check out a sample of our client roster.) Because many of our clients are startups and/or tech-enabled businesses, a strong interest in the technology world (B2B and B2C) is a must.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Identify key influencers in multiple industries
- Create and manage a database of relevant awards, speaking engagements and conferences/tradeshows
- Monitor digital PR trends. (You may be new, but you’re encouraged to suggest fresh ideas!)
- Build and maintain media/blogger lists
- Research new outlets and contacts
- Draft media materials (e.g. press releases, fact sheets, pitches)
- Learn how to effectively work with media/bloggers
- Identify and draft creative, compelling content
- Track content performance across multiple social channels
- Engage with audiences online on behalf of multiple clients
- Assist with tracking and measuring PR and social media efforts
- Monitor clients’ Google Analytics accounts
- Help develop weekly and monthly client reports
This is a salaried position with benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Think you’ve got what it takes to help us exceed client expectations? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Coordinator in the subject line.