Are you a forward-thinking, self-starting PR pro? Slightly obsessed with the intersection of traditional and digital communication? Constantly exceeding client expectations? Then, we want to talk to you.
Geben Communication — a fast-growing PR and social media firm – is hiring our next account manager. We have an immediate need for someone with at least a couple years of agency experience. You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for a range of clients, with heavy emphasis in tech/startups, B2B and consumer products. Much of this job will focus on media and blogger relations with national outlets and high-traffic websites, but you’ll also be building and growing online communities, helping clients maximize tradeshows and other events, lining up speaking engagements and briefings (with media, analysts, influencers and other key stakeholdesrs), and developing creative opportunities to help clients build their online presence.
Why work at Geben?
- Experience a diversity of clients, ranging from one of 2011’s breakout startups and a brand-new social media monitoring tool … to an 85-year-old B2B business and local businesses and nonprofits.
- We bring a fresh approach to best practices. ”The way it’s always been done” is a non-starter in our office. Instead, we’re focused on delivering new, better ways to help our clients achieve their business goals. Our clients are at the forefront of some of the most cutting-edge business trends, including mobile commerce, social media and crowdsourcing product development. Like our clients, we believe in innovating best practices.
- A fun, collaborative environment. We work hard, but we also believe in celebrating “wins.” Our clients are doing cool things, but more importantly they’re good people. Brainstorming is a regular occurrence. Employees are encouraged to identify their most productive space — whether that’s a coffee shop, their home or somewhere else — and work from there at least once a week. We don’t believe in the typical 9-5 work construct. Work when you’re most productive, where you’re most productive (within reason, of course!). Our office is open with desks that face each other, we like to go to lunch together, and we might have a slight Pandora Radio addiction. Ask the existing team and they’ll tell you: We’re very different from most agencies, but that’s a good thing.
Think you’d be a good addition to the Geben team? Email your resume, two writing samples and cover letter to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com.
The fine print:
- Compensation will be commensurate to your experience. A 401K plan, profit-sharing, and other benefits are offered.
- Geben is located in Columbus, Ohio. Applicants need to live in or be willing to relocate to Columbus for this position.